Sunday, 6 September 2015


Boko Haram has displaced over 2.1m people from their homes in Nigeria!

Mounting attacks by Nigeria’s ferocious Boko Haram Islamists have sent more than 2.1 million people fleeing their homes in northeast Nigeria, the International Organization for
Migration said yesterday.

Revising sharply upwards its previous estimate of 1.5 million, the Geneva-based IOM agency attributed the increase to a very recent spike in Boko Haram’s six-year insurgency.

But the state-run National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) said other factors were at play, such as unrelenting communal strife and the return of Nigerians who had previously fled the country. 


No comments:

Post a Comment