Thursday, 3 December 2015


Dasuki allegedly names PDP Chiefs and Governors in $2.1b arms deal


Dasuki arms deal investigation.
If this is true,then heads sure are gonna roll in the latest twist in the Dasuki arrest for the ongoing arms deal investigations.Many Nigerians have died as a result of the country not being secure enough and the Nigeria army not being properly equipped to fight Boko Haram.If these men are truly guilty,they should be facing manslaughter charges.
According to a report by The Nation, former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki has started opening up about the controversial $2.1 billion arms deal. A source at EFCC who spoke with the newspaper stated that Dasuki decided to open up after a former Director of Finance in the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), Shaibu Salisu who was recently arrested in connection with the probe, made some statements implicating him, Dasuki, in the deal.

The EFCC source said: “When Dasuki was brought in, he initially refused to write any statement, alleging that he had been subjected to media trial. I think the ex-NSA decided not to open up based on the advice of his lawyers that he should leave everything for the open court.

The EFCC operatives, however, obliged Dasuki a copy of the statement by a former Director of Finance in the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), Shaibu Salisu in which the latter made some implicating statements. Dasuki, who was shocked by Salisu’s confessions, repeatedly asked: ‘You mean Salisu wrote all these! You mean he said these! Give me a pen and paper’. Thereafter, Dasuki decided to open a can of worms.

He gave a long list of PDP chieftains who collected money from the Office of the NSA. He mentioned the names of a former Deputy National Chairman of PDP, ex-governors and ex-ministers and many others. As I am talking to you, Dasuki is still writing his statement. The disclosures of the ex-Director of Finance in ONSA have assisted greatly in getting to the bottom of the armsgate. So, the investigation is still on. We will certainly arrest more suspects soon.”.

There were indications that the anti-graft commission may extend its probe to the seizure of $9million cash by South Africa and quiz all those involved in the botched deal. An Israeli suspect implicated in the deal is said to be on the run now after throwing a lavish party at his Abuja home recently.


No comments:

Post a Comment