News was made public in the NUC weekly bulletin and according to the commission's executive
secretary, Prof. Julius Okojie, the universities have been in existence for years and were just extorting money from students who were given fake certificates. All those in that commision should be sacked and ashamed,starting from this Prof Okojie who is feeling happy with himself thinking he has done a great job!
Where were they all these years when these Universities were in existence,defrauding people and ruining lives?What exactly is thier job is they can't monitor this?
But anyway better late than never.At least these idiots have been stopped.I hope thay are all jailed.But in Nigeria they will probably bribe their way through.
The listed universities are:
- National University of Nigeria, Keffi (Nasarawa State);
- North Central University, Otukpo (Benue State);
- Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University, (Enugu state);
- Richmond Open University, Arochukwu (Abia State)
- Saint Clements University, Iyin Ekiti (Ekiti State)
- West Coast University, Umuahia,
- Volta University College, Aba, (Abia State) and
- the satellite campuses of Ambrose Ali University.
“In addition to the closure, the following `Degree Mills’ are currently undergoing court actions; the purpose of these actions is to prosecute the proprietors and recover illegal fees and charges on subscribers. For the avoidance of doubt, anybody who patronizes or obtains any certificate from any of these illegal institutions does so at his or her own risk. Certificates obtained from these sources will not be recognized for the purposes of NYSC, employment and further studies.”