Nigerian celebrities relationships:Celebrities that have been victims of domestic violence.
1. Foluke Daramola: the actress who has an history ot being raped as a teenager married Babatunde Sobowale in 2005. Their union was however short, ending after three years in 2008.
The marriage that produced two children ended after she accused her husband of battering her, which
led to her quick exit from the marriage. She is now married to Kayode Salako and they have a seemingly happy marriage.
2. Monalisa Chinda: in 2014 Monalisa revealed that she was a victim of domestic violence, her marriage to Dejo Richards ended over allegations of domestic violence and abuse. The actress claimed she had done all she could to make the union work but as it takes two to tango, she couldn't do it alone.
The marriage produced one child. Twelve years later Monalisa has found love ago with Victor Cocker who she calls her love and master, he was her second chance at love and she also wanted her daughter to grow up with a father figure.
3. Daddy Freeze: Ifedayo Olarinde popularly known as Daddy Freeze is a Veteran On-air-personality. News of his shaky relationship with his now ex wife Opeyemi Olarinde gained fire in 2015, after Freeze went on an Instagram spree. Revealing the inside details of how turbulent his marriage with his former wife and the mother of his children was. He accused her of domestic violence and infringing injuries upon him in her fits of anger.
4. Mercy Aigbe: Popular Nollywood actress Mercy Aigbe in 2017 came out with accusations against her husband Lanre Gentry, she claimed he had domestically abused her countless times. In her words she said "He beats me consistently. I stayed because I loved him and because every time he beats me, he begs and gets family and friends to beg me. He promised regularly to change but he never did."
The actress claimed other her husband was not only violent to her but to anyone who tried to help her, including an house help that had once reported him to the police. She also claimed she stayed in the marriage for her children and the society that looks up to her as a role model of some sort.
The couple eventually separated after his battering allegedly resulted in a skull fracture, an allegation he vehemently denied. The actress is not the proud owner of a home she lives with her two children, one of which is currently studying in the states.
5. Tonto Dikeh: Actress Tonto Dikeh confirmed her separation from her husband Olakunle Churchill in February 2017, she accused him of domestic violence. Tonto revealed images and videos as proofs of the abuse she endured.
She claimed she stayed in the marriage that produced one son not only for her child but also for her son. Churchill came out to say he never laid his hands on her, claiming Tonto made up the stories in a bid to make him look bad.
The couple are separated but have a controversy of getting into arguments online constantly.
Some other celebrities that have been victims of domestic violence are Fathia Williams who was married to Saidi Balogun, Suzanne Rero who was married to Emeka Ike among others.