University of Lagos female student electrocuted in terrible accident!
Very sad news as a female student of University of Lagos,Miss Oluchi Anekwe, a 300 level Accounting student was killed in an electrocuting accident.
The female University of Lagos student was electrocuted yesterday Sept. 8th after a high tension cable fell on her in front of the Sodeinde hall of residence in the campus. According
to reports, the young lady was immediately rushed to the Lagos state Teaching Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.As a result,there has been serious protesting by students of Unilag today in honor of the electrocuted student, Miss Oluchi Anekwe, a 300 level Accounting student.The
school is litetred with heavy security and both entrances of Unilag blocked! The students are blaming Unilag authorities for neglect,causing the death of Oluchi Anekwe and i totally agree.The students say if the authorities had taken care of the naked wire which ended up electocuting Oluchi Anekwe,it would have prevented her death! How many times have we heard that in Nigeria?How many times have lives been lost due to neglect and mismanagement? Its pretty sad that this young vibrant lady of Unilag Oluchi Anekwe who was on her way to achieving her dreams and making her family proud has had her life taken away so unnecessarily.
More pictures of the Unilag students protest over the electrocuted student below...